Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Fall is Coming ... yay!


I LOVE the change of season, and Fall is my favorite! I can't help but think about all the projects I'm ready to take on now that the weather is cooling down.

In no particular order, here are the projects I find are best done in the fall.

1. Pull out all the cold weather outerwear and gear, clean, replace, and repair - snow will be here before I know it!
2. Plant trees, shrubs and fall flowers.
3. Replace sheer curtains with heavier drapes to minimize draftiness.
4. Buy ski passes!
5. Clean out the gutters (ahem, a job reserved for my dear husband!)
6. Steam clean carpets and upholstery.
7. Gather new craft ideas to keep the little one happy when it's too cold to go outside.

I hope I've inspired you to tackle your to-do list, too! If you need any other creative home ideas, please log on to www.homeandgardenmag.com to check out the latest how-to and inspiration articles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! A few more fall chores:
Drag potted shrubs like hibiscus, fig and citrus trees from the deck back into the house BEFORE the first freeze;
Clean and store hot-weather clothes;
Make jam and applesauce from fallen fruit that would otherwise go to waste in my yard, in alleys and even sometimes on the sidewalk.

Boulder County Home & Garden Magazine said...

Thanks for your input! Please share more if you have a chance. Looking for SPRING chores that should be posted.

Susan