Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Holidays Make Me Feel All Mushy Inside...

There's just something about the holidays that make me feel all mushy inside. Normally, when I'm approached by five different panhandlers asking for money, I huff and murmur to myself, "get a job!" (especially those young able-bodied types who are doing it to get back at their parents). But, these days, as the air crisps up, and the holiday lights are a twinkle, I gladly hand over my dollar and wish them a Happy Hanukwanzamas.

So, when my friend emailed me about her new website and non-profit organization for animal rescue, I immediately felt my heart muscle tighten and eyes well up. Having rescued our little love muffin, Ella, from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, I couldn't resist trying to do my part to help out these kind souls.

For over thirty years, Tom & Betsy have opened up their home, heart and pocketbook to house unwanted, juvenile, geriatric and disabled cats and dogs. Located on the Gulf Coast, the facilities have been pounded by many a hurricane over time (including Katrina), and are in dire need of repair. Maxed out at 85 animals, Tom & Betsy have put out a call for help through their new website, aideforanimals.org

If you're feeling generous this holiday season and haven't over committed to the retiree from the Denver Rescue Mission, then please contribute to these animal loving, philanthropists (all donations are tax deductible).

Any and all donations are incredibly appreciated, just go to their website for more info.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear One, thank you for your kind remarks and your sweet and gentle heart!
Lucy, pictured in your item,"The Holidays Make Me Feel All Mushy Inside" is very proud of her star status and truly is a beautiful girl inside and out. Love, Aide for Animals