Saturday, December 29, 2007

Cozy up next to the fire with a nice read...

Even as I type this, I can "see" the chill in the air. I'll not be fooled by a brightly shining sun floating high above our Flatirons. If it's warmth I seek, I'll have to find it inside, next to the fireplace.

Armed with a hot cocoa, tuned to my favorite station, with the nice pops of a fire in the background, I can think of no better setting to dive into my favorite read - Boulder County Home & Garden Magazine. Sure, I may be a part of this fantastic publication and see its progress from idea to print, but I STILL get excited when the latest issue gets dropped off at our office.




The Winter 07/08 issue is bursting with exciting articles and vivid imagery. I loved the Sleeper House feature, the kitchen remodel story and the Kids Craft ideas. I'm looking forward to finishing the contemporary loft article and learning more about rooftop lawns.

I can't wait to share this issue with my in-laws who are planning on moving here, I see several real estate ads that are highlighting the types of properties they're interested in.

Articles, photos and ads aside, the sense of pride that wells up in me is priceless. I am thrilled to be a part of a community - however small it is - that has the creativity, the passion and the willingness to bring this magazine to life.

If you happen to use one of the businesses you found in the pages of BCHG Mag, be sure to say "thank you" - we couldn't bring these fantastic articles without their support.

Enjoy!

No comments: